Comment on page
- 1.Login to your DoubleClick for Publishers account from https://www.doubleclickbygoogle.com/solutions/revenue-management/join-dfp/
- 2.Navigate to
Inventory > Ad Unitsunits and click on
New ad unitto create a dedicated ad for your progressive web application.
- 3.Fill in the form by entering the Code and Name and leave the rest of the fields empty.
- 4.Under the “AdSense inventory settings” click on
overrideto display Google AdSense settings. Make sure you check “Maximize revenue of unsold and remnant inventory with AdSense” to enable Google AdSense.
- 5.Select “Image” as the Ad type and leave the default settings for the color palette. Click
Saveand you should see the newly created ad in the next screen.
Generate Tagsbutton from the top right hand side.
- 7.You’ll be presented with two codes after selecting the tag type and options (just go with the default settings): one for the document header and one for the body. Locate the Network Code and Ad Unit Code and copy-paste it into the WP Mobile Pack PRO admin panel.
- 8.Once the codes have been entered in the WP Mobile Pack PRO admin panel (“Monetize” tab), click
Saveand you’re ready to go. Your ads should be displayed in your progressive web application right away. In case you experience delays in serving ads into your apps, that’s probably due to Google AdSense or DoubleClick for Publishers. Allow it 15 minutes and try it again.
If you wish to preview the ads that will appear on your progressive web application, please view it from a smartphone or a tablet. The ads are being displayed throughout your content, so you just need to swipe 4-5 times to get a full screen ad or navigate inside an article to view a classic advertisement. There is a minimum interval of 30 seconds between loading ads, so not all the articles will include ads while you navigate through the application.
Sometimes ads will not show even though you have edited the settings from the WP Mobile Pack PRO dashboard.There is no processing involved at the progressive web application level, meaning that, in those cases, Google DFP is not loading anything.
There are various reasons for this issue:
- Even if the _Network Code _and _Ad Unit _are correct, there is a delay before Google AdSense / DFP starts serving the ads. This time interval ranges from a few minutes to a few hours.
- If a few hours have already passed and you still don’t see any ads in the progressive web application, is time to check your AdSense / DFP settings. Make sure you have not excluded mobile from your targeting and that you haven’t limited ads to sizes that are not added in the WP Mobile Pack PRO admin panel. You can debug by starting with minimal, basic settings, check if ads are displaying, then move on to more complex targeting.
Let us know if you experience any issue with ad settings and we’ll be glad to help.